Terms & Conditions
These terms & conditions below apply to Fellside Lodge, Heather View and The Old Barn.
Terms & conditions for Rowling End & The Mouse House appear on the Rowling End website. Click here to view
BOOKINGS & PAYMENT:
- Your booking will be confirmed once we have acknowledged receipt of your booking form and £150 deposit. Prior to that, the booking will only be regarded as provisional. Provisional bookings will be held for a maximum of 7 days only.
- The balance of the money will be due 6 weeks prior to your holiday. Failure to pay this balance amounts to cancellation and we are entitled to re-let your accommodation.
- If you book within 6 weeks of your arrival you will be required to pay the full amount due for the whole of your stay.
- We accept payments by cheque or bank transfer only.
CANCELLATION BY YOU:
- If you cancel more than 12 weeks before arrival you will lose your deposit, but will not be charged for the remainder of the booking.
- If you cancel 12 weeks or less before arrival you are liable to pay the full balance for the whole of your booking, less any costs saved by us as a result of your cancellation, for example if we are unable to re-let your accommodation.
- If in either case we do re-let the accommodation you will be refunded any monies paid minus any costs incurred in achieving a new booking.
- Cancellations must be made initially by telephone and then confirmed in writing. We recommend that you take out travel insurance which provides for cancellation cover.
CANCELLATION BY US:
- In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel your booking we will attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available (or acceptable to you) then we will refund all monies already paid by you and confirm that you will not be liable for any further payments.
AMENDMENTS BY US:
- We believe the information in our brochure and website to be honest and accurate, but reserve the right to alter the details at any time.
- We will always endeavour to inform you of any significant changes to the published accommodation at the time of booking.
CARE OF PROPERTY (DAMAGE AND BREAKAGES):
- We are sure that you will take care whilst you stay with us and we acknowledge that accidents sometimes happen but we ask that damages, loss or major breakages are notified to us immediately.
- We reserve the right to charge for any damage, loss or breakages and deduct these from the security deposit. If the damage is discovered after you depart you will be notified in writing as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- We also reserve the right to charge if we are unable to re-let the accommodation as a consequence of the damage.
- Your accommodation will be available to you from 4pm on the arrival day.
- You are required to leave by 10am on the day of departure. If you fail to do so, we reserve the right to charge for any loss we incur as a consequence of this.
- The accommodation must be left in a clean and tidy condition and we reserve the right to charge you if in our opinion the accommodation needs additional cleaning than would otherwise be reasonably expected.
- We are a Non Smoking establishment. If we find guests have been smoking in the accommodation, then we reserve the right to ask you to leave immediately.
- We accept pets free of charge. Pets however are NOT permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture.
- We shall be allowed access to the property at any reasonable time during the holiday occupancy with your prior permission, unless there is an emergency, when we reserve the right to immediate access.
- We do not accept any liability for damage to your property or injury to you (or other members of your party) whilst on our premises unless caused by the negligence of us or our employees.
- We truly hope that you will never need to complain, but if there are reasonable grounds then you must inform us immediately (during your stay) so that appropriate action can be taken.
- By using this website, it is deemed that these terms and conditions have been read and understood and once a booking has been made these terms come into effect. If you have any queries about them, don’t hesitate to contact us prior to making a booking.